Monday 29 August 2011

Hello Dr President, this is for you!

With Singapore's Presidential Elections done and dusted, and the announcement of our new elected Pres. on Sunday morning, I'd been thinking of making a little something to mark the event. While picking through the social media grapevine, I came across this ripe little pun...


'Make sure you vote for the right Tan. If not, you may end up with a 笨 tan (moron), or worse, a 坏 tan (baddie) who will 捣 tan (mess up) and Singapore will be 完 tan (finished)' 


I've no idea where this pithy statement has come from, but I'm sure whoever came up with this won't mind me sharing it here. I love Tans. When it emerged in the press a couple of years ago that Tans are good for you, I was overjoyed! I keep a supply of them ready at home all the time...




So how about cooking one up for the President?


I could make it plain and simple...
Or dress it in something a bit more fancy.


Reckon this'll make it to the Presidential table?

*For all my non-Chinese, non-Singaporean readers, Tan is a play on 蛋 (dàn). All the candidates for this election were Tans. Naaaah, it's not so funny when I have to explain it, sorry!

No comments: