Monday 1 November 2010

'It's been a long time...

...I shouldn't have left you
Without a strong rhyme to step to,
Think of how many weak shows you slept through
Time's up, I'm sorry I kept you...' - Eric B. and Rakim

 Welcome to my brand spanking new blog!! 
This is one of my favourite tunes. So favourite that I chose it at our wedding ceremony while Andy pretended it was his favourite too. Wanna hear it? Try this! Some beeeeooootiful breaking too...
Considering I've got a range of BBOYS called Sock 'N' Soul, I've been dying to use it in connection with them too. It'll take me a while to figure out how to animate my souljas to 'I know you got soul', so I thought it ain't a bad thing to name this blog after it for now. I'm lovin' the new flavour *dances around the beautiful clean webspace, jump on new design features...change the tempo (that's template in new school blogspeak)* Haha!
Now to serious blogging, bizness and breaking...
I promised earlier this week on my Facebook page to show off the new packaging for my Sock 'N' Souljas, so show it off, I sure will...


TA-DAAAAAAAH!!!!


Have a look at my new school Sock 'N' Souljas here! £30 each. Shout if you'd like one, 'cos some of them are off to Kong at CV1 this week...
Here's a bit in my noo skool b-log about the bboying (bgirling for me) that inspired me to come up with those Souljas in the first place.
Here I am at the UK BBoy Champs freezing in front of their backdrop. Free photos! Uploaded online the next day! Gotta be done...

 I *ahem* borrowed this from Sony Ericsson 


And last weekend Andy and I were at Just Jam in Newcastle helping our friend Andrea run a stall at the hip hop market tied in with the event. She kindly lent us some room in return, so Sock 'N' Souljas had an unexpected outing too. Yippee!

I was pretty taken by the set up at the event. This lighting is pretty cool!

Usually at these events the bboys battle each other, sometimes in crews (you can so tell that it's a male-dominated dance form) until the winner emerges in the finals. However, on this occasion...

The lovely Andrea got to sell some T-shirts...

We got to watch some battles...

Pose by the funky Dance City backdrop and boombox...

Though our photography is not as hot as the Sony Ericsson pros =(

Sock 'N' Soul & Darn Stuff got to go on tour...

And some happy bbuyers got to take home the Sock 'N' Souljas!

So it was a win-win event all round!    > u <
Heyy, I've promoted quite a few clothing labels here today...notice the product placement..? Right, one for me too!
My Sock 'N' Soul hip hop tees can be viewed on my website or on Facebook. Please email me if you'd like one, I accept payment by bank transfer or Paypal.

No comments: